The USA is one of the most culturally diverse countries with a booming economy and home to the technological hotspot “Silicon Valley”. According to the Open Doors Report, fall 2021, most US universities have witnessed a 68% increase in study abroad students. Being a culturally vibrant and sensitive country, it accommodates everyone who arrives there to fulfill the American dream.

The United States is made up of fifty states, plus the District of Columbia. Each state has its own unique character, traits and sights and sounds to explore. As well as influences from all over the world, the States stretch from the Atlantic, to the Pacific, to the Gulf of Mexico – an entire continent of adventure in just one country. The country has a long history of immigration – and this makes its more than 330 million inhabitants one of the most diverse populations in the world.

Highly ranked universities and Global reputation

Culturally diverse community and sensitive towards immigrants

Technological hotspot

Known as a Research hub

Supportive towards the international students

Exceptional learning experience

Updated and flexible curriculum

Career opportunities

Be the apple of prospective employer’s eye

Popular Universities in USA

  • Stanford Graduate School of Business
  • Penn Wharton
  • MIT Sloan
  • Harvard Business School
  • Columbia Business School
  • Popular Programs in USA
  • Business and Management
  • Engineering
  • Mathematics and Computer Sciences
  • Social Sciences
  • Physical and Life Sciences

Types of Study Visa

There are three types of student visas to the US:

1. F1 Student Visa

Students applying for a program which requires more than 18 hours of study in a week require an F1 visa. This includes all undergraduate programs as well as graduate programs like MS, MBA, etc.
Spouses or children accompanying F-1 visa recipients will travel on an F-2 visa. Please note that spouses are not able to work but may accompany and/or apply for their own visa to the U.S. to work or study.

2. J1 Exchange Visitor Visa
The J-1 Exchange Visitor Visa is for students, visiting scholars or lecturers pursuing an exchange program. For example, Fulbright scholars and many students on short-term study abroad programs from Indian universities will travel to the U.S. on a J-1 visa.
J1 visa is usually sought by working professional who goes to America on an exchange program, hence the name Exchange Visitor Visa. These may include a 10-month vocational training or some research fellowship, etc. Whichever be the case, the applicants would be notified for the same by the respective institutions.
Spouses or children accompanying J-1 Visa recipients will travel on a J-2 Visa. Please note that spouses are able to work when permission is obtained in advance.

3. M-1 Vocational/ Non-Academic Student Visa
The M1 visa is a type of student visa reserved for vocational and technical schools. While the process remains similar to an F1 visa, the difference is that on entering, the M1 visas are time stamped and students cannot overstay their visit.


Requirements for Studying in USA

Attested copies of mark sheets of class X, XII, and the Bachelor’s degree (if applicable)
At least, two academic reference letters from professors who have taught you most recently. (Number of reference letters depends from university to university)
If you have work experience then two letters of recommendation from the employer/manager who knows you well and can comment on your professional abilities
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Essays (If demanded by the university)
Photocopied score reports of GMAT / GRE / IELTS / TOEFL
Portfolio (in case of students applying for art and design courses and architecture programs)
Others (certificates/achievements at the state and national level and extracurricular activities)
Proof of funds

Requirements for Student Visa

The VISA Requirements for a US Student Visa include the following. If you want to attend a university or college in the US you will need a student visa called F1 visa. And requirements for a US Student Visa include
Valid Passport – Your passport must be valid for at least six months beyond your period of stay in the US.
Non-immigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 confirmation page
Application fee payment receipt, as you are required to pay before your interview
Photo – The US consulate will upload your photo, and for the same purpose you will have to fix an appointment with the consulate. You will have to visit the Consulate center. A digital photograph of yours will be taken and along with that, all your fingerprints will be scanned. You’ll have to carry an approval receipt given by the consulate after successfully taking your photograph and finger scan.
Certificate of Eligibility for Non-immigrant (F-1) Student Status – Your school will send you a SEVIS-generated Form I-20 once they have entered your information in the SEVIS database. You and your school official must sign the Form I-20. All students, their spouse, and minor children if they intend to reside in the United States with the student, must be registered with the Student and Exchange Visitor System (SEVIS).
Note: Additional documentation may be required. During the personal interview, additional documents may be requested by the interviewer. These may be documents to prove evidence of academic or financial status. These include:
Transcripts, diplomas, degrees, or certificates from schools you attended
Scores from tests that your US school required, such as the TOEFL, SAT, GRE, or GMAT
Your intent to depart from the United States upon completion of the course of study
How you will pay all educational, living and travel costs


Work Permit in USA

During the first year of studies, students cannot accept off-campus employment at any time. Under certain circumstances, the US Citizenship Immigration Services (USCIS) may grant permission to accept off-campus employment after one year of study, but this is very rare. F-1 students may accept on-campus employment in your university without seeking prior permission from USCIS.

Students cannot work more than 20 hours per week. During holidays, breaks and summer sessions, the student may work up to 40 hours per week. The student can work for a commercial firm that provides services to the college, such as a bookstore or cafeteria. Working for more than 20 hours will lead to problems involving the reinstatement of student status to deportation.

Off-campus employment like hotels, motels, gas stations, liquor stores, etc is illegal. If caught, that could possibly lead to deportation or problems during future immigration-related work authorization.

Scholarships to Study in the USA

Fee waivers are awarded to international students on the criteria of merit and need of it. Candidates with strong academics, good performance in standardized exams, and extracurricular achievements would be eligible for scholarship awards and financial assistance. To benefit from these opportunities, one has to make sure to send all the required documents by particular deadlines. In addition to this, the presentation of the application is also important because one is judged by the image one projects.

Documents required: The documents usually needed for a scholarship application are as follows, although the requirements may differ:

Academic records and photocopies
A recent CV
A letter of intent, which acts as a cover page
Certificate of Language Proficiency (TOEFL or IELTS scores)
Letters of Reference (LOR)


Get A free consultation on Overseas Education.

We are dedicated to assisting with career counseling, country selection, university selection, scholarships, education loans, visa application, tuition fee deposit, pre-departure briefing and traveling arrangement.

Call Now Button